Monday, August 18, 2008

Ultimate!

So today was about a million times better. I forced myself to go out and meet new people today. I found a bunch of guys that all like Ultimate Frisbee. We played out in the quad today around three. The frisbee here is intense, and I love it! We played to seven. We lost seven to six. But I did not really care. It was a great game. We were down four to one at one point and made a run to tie it at four before the other team scored twice and took the lead six to four. Me and my buddy JP were easily the only experienced players on my team and so we started to get serious and scored twice to tie it at six. INTENSE! JP made a great stop in the end zone to keep the other team from winning. He brought it up to the line and threw it to me. Me being the not clutch person that I am, dropped the frisbee and the other team ended up scoring the winning point. I can honestly say that I have not had that much fun in a long time. There was laughter and trash talk and most importantly sportsmanship. We did not care who won as long as we all had a good time. I really enjoyed myself. For those who know me well, you know that I do not like to lose and normally I would not have been very happy. I would have just walked off pretty angry. That was not the case this time. Something crazy had smacked me in the face. I realized that I am still me no matter who is around me. I like to have fun and so that is what I did.

Tonight after our "Thinkfast Game show" thing, I went out and threw the frisebee with some more people, we did not play Ultimate, but it was a great time to get to know some more people. I met a bunch of great guys and a girl from Roanoke, VA which was really neat. Trevor and Johnny came by around 9 and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Decker and watch Batman Begins with them and meet some new people. I definitely took up on that offer and met a bunch more awesome people.

I am learning that no matter where I am, I have to be myself. People are attracted to people that are genuine. If I am not genuine with them then how in the world will I ever connect with them? It is SO cool to see how God can change things in a heartbeat. I was expecting another day of nothing but meetings and sitting in my room on my computer. But no, I got up and met people. I had a GREAT time! I had the Ultimate time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm really glad to hear that you're doing so much better. I was worried there for a bit. I like being able to keep up with you like this and not have to bother you all the time. (I bet you like it better that way too.) It's really good to hear that you're being yourself b/c you are SUCH an awesome person and I think you'll end up with more friends than you know what to do with. tpkassI'm very proud of you. All this stuff is pretty amazing to me but I think I like it. I just don't know how to do it all yet. Anyway, looking forward to hearing more of what's going on. Love you lots. Mama K

Anonymous said...

Well, you told me to leave you a comment on one of these but i had to create my own blog first so i did that. but i'm glad to hear that you are doing better and meeting new people and having fun! Well good luck with you class tomorrow and have fun! later
Noelle