Saturday, August 23, 2008

Homesick

So the other night I was missing home really, really bad. Trevor had left the room and I was sitting here at my computer desperately looking for someone to talk to. Grace was on Skype so I started talking to her for a while. At one point about 10:15 I got no answer from GK in the middle of a conversation so I just thought her internet was down. I sent her a text message to find out what was going on, only to find out that she was with Jenny learning about haunted buildings at Carolina. By this point, I was completely missing home. I did not want to be here at all I just wanted to be home with everyone I already knew. I felt like dirt. I turned the lights out and laid down in my bed and began thinking of all the memories from back home. I remembered hanging out at the Beavers with Grace eating Popsicles. I remembered all of the good times when Jenny and Grace and Laura would show up at Monkeez Brew to keep me company. I remembered watching teenage mutant ninja turtles with Matt. All of these things made me miss home even more. I was in my own little pity party. I wanted nothing but to pout and complain to someone. Those feelings of loneliness had set in once again. I laid in bed and went to sleep. Woke up the next morning and everything was great.

Grace, Jenny, Matt, and countless other people have made huge contributions to the way I have prioritized my life. Some things I have taken others I haven't. God has blessed me with these people to help prepare me and help me along the way. They are the ones I go to first when I am struggling with whatever it may be. I cannot express enough thanks to these people because I would not be able to make it through without remembering all the Godly advice I have received from each of them. They absolutely mean the world to me.

Grace made me write this blog and I had to have three key words in there. Along with an underlying theme.

This is for Grace. 6/28/05
Hey Alphabet!
Wow.. it seems like it's been forever since I first met you! So many memories! It's hard to believe it's only been about a year or so.. Thank you for always being there to make me smile.. You've taught me so many lessons without even knowing it! But then again... you are pretty clueless.. just kidding...
I cannot tell you how true every bit of this is for me as well. Only now its been about 5 years. GK you are the best friend a person could ever ask for.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kevin!!!

Big brother!! I'm sorry you've been homesick; but know you're missed just as much here as you miss some people. You can always call me if you want a taste of Thomasville... I'll even drive by the big chair for you.

Love you bro!!

gk said...

So.. I still can't even believe you still have that letter. That seems like it was from forever ago. Mfuge Nashville. Gosh..

I told you that you could be tender by the way. And you didn't even believe me!

8 DAYS!!! <3

David H. said...

Well I don't miss you.
nope.
not one bit.
I DID NOT freak out sunday yelling "I MISS KEVIN!!!!!!!" at church...
that is a myth...
it's hard to be super social without you now man... :|
but thx for being a friend man =]
meet me for some like tacobell here soon or something :)

Matt Rollins said...

Yo brotha. Check out my page later. You have inspired me to write a blog about this subject b/c you drew up some real memories within me!