Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dr. Bonner

Well I went to the campus wide church this morning. It was interesting. The service lasted about 45 minutes and it was rather mediocre. The speaker was our President Dr. Bonner. He is super smart but the stuff he talked about really did not seem to apply to anything. Maybe I will figure it out later but I don't know.

On a different, more serious note, I am quickly learning that I do not handle change well at all. I completely shut down. Nothing I want to do happens. I think to much. I am so worried about what people think its ridiculous. I am so desperate to be in a one on one situation that forces me to get to know people. I know I will not do it if I am not forced, which is totally weird. Normally, I would go up and talk to anyone. I guess that is only when I am with people I know really well. I am way out of my comfort zone and I really want to know people. Loneliness gets really old really fast.

That is about it for today. I know its short but I do not really have much more to say.

3 comments:

gk said...

It'll get better, I promise. Once classes start, and people start to leave their dorms more, you'll be forced to interact with people. And you'll like it! Miss you!

Unknown said...

It'll get better...People love you Kevin, and once you're given chance to get to know some one there, it'll be better. Everyone is still settling in at the moment, so you'll probably find most of the people there are out of their comfort zones too. Patience and stuff comes with that. Miss you

Paige

Anonymous said...

hi Kevin
I know how it is and like Paige and Grace say it gets better. after a little while you'll become more comfortable in the classroom setting and people will open up to you. I also agree with Grace people are in the same position as you they just got there. interaction will help on all fields. I'll be praying for you too.
Good Luck and you've got great friends. you're not alone.
TTYL
Sean Jones