Thursday, August 21, 2008

Romania!!!

So yesterday I had my first day of classes. It was pretty fun. I got out of most of them early. It was quite nice. It is so much fun being able to meet and talk to new people. I was in my last class of the day, Composition 1, and there just happens to be a girl from - you guessed it - Romania. I did not get a chance to talk to her because she needed to talk to my professor after class but I really hope that she can teach me Romanian. I am SUPER excited about that. I found a group of guys that play ultimate everyday at 4. Rain or shine. So no one try to get in touch with me between 4 and 5. Just kidding. There was an alumni that came back and played yesterday. He is AWESOME. He taught me a lot about the game of frisbee and said I am improving by the point. Anyway, I went up to the post office and got my first letter. It was from Grace. I just about leaped through the ceiling I was so happy! I cannot tell you all how much I miss her. Yes I hear the "awwwwww how sweet" coming my way but its the truth. I miss her like crazy.

I went to dinner which was pretty not exciting. I got back to my dorm and read the card and talked to GK. Johnny came by, he's my RA, and invited me to go play some volleyball. Since I already smelled like I had been thrown in a dumpster, mixed in dog poo, and took a bath in skunk spray, I said sure let me go sweat a little more. It was a blast but I found out very quickly that I am not good at volleyball. I am actually quite terrible. But that is ok, I had fun anyway. I had a meeting about our lip sync contest and we are going to kick some butt. I cannot disclose any information at the time being that my mission is top secret to ensure maximum butt kickage. On my way back Trevor asked if I wanted to go play some melon ball. It is a very fun game with a combination of tennis and volleyball.

This morning (Thursday) I had my Old Testament class at 8. I didnt think it would be too bad because that is what time school usually started. I was wrong. Terribly wrong. I rolled out of bed 15 minutes before I was supposed to be at class. What a way to start off. My hair was a mess so I just put on a hat because there were a lot of people who wore hats in class. Once again, a mistake. I was the only one with a hat on. Dr. Womcak went on a tangent about how men are not supposed wear hats in the presence of women or indoors. I felt like a MORON. But after we took our pretest, class was over and I went up and apologized to him. He was fine with it for today because I did not know. I really enjoy that class.

Precal on the other hand, well I just plan on shooting myself in the toe. I get the easy stuff and I was more involved in class today than I have any other math class. But seriously, over 100 problems for homework. Yea you can forget that crap. That just makes me hate math even more!

Thats about all for right now!

4 comments:

gk said...

awwww.. you miss me! :)

Anonymous said...

How very tender.... Glad to hear you're liking you're classes and finding some good friends to play frisbee with. Keep trying different stuff in the cafeteria, you're bound to find some you like sooner or later. Love ya!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, I'll be less busy and we can skype soon!

David H. said...

Hey K =]
I don't know how to like add you to my list or anything, you should add me. I updated.

maybe I'll get you an alarm clock :)