Monday, June 21, 2010

Whats my name?

Yesterday, I decided to push back some funny stories to blog about my Dad. Well here goes some funny stories from Sunday.

After church, we drove to Cluj, which is about a two hour drive, to see Becky's mom. The ride was pretty uneventful except for some gorgeous views and some crazy Romanian drivers. Once we saw Becky's mom, Ade wanted to go to the mall in Cluj to go shop. So off to the mall we go. None of us really knew where the mall was, but we had signs to follow that got us there easily.

Once inside, Randy and I had to use the little boys room and the signs to the restrooms were not so easy to follow.

We searched and searched for the signs to the restroom and finally found one that had an arrow pointing ahead (there was a hall leading across to some more places to shop), so straight it was. The next sign pointed left. Left it was. Next up was another sign telling us to turn left. we keep walking and come to another sign, just across the hall from the first one, that told us to go straight. So we walked around the block to get to the restrooms when we could have just cut across the hall.

On our way back from Cluj, we had a Romanian GPS. That should pretty much tell you everything you need to know. We got lost up on top of a mountain in Cluj trying to find our way back to Oradea. The GPS took us in a giant circle which was quite hilarious.

And finally, this story comes from the beginning of the day. The churches here almost always ask us if we have something to say to the congregation, so since I have already been here for a summer, I knew this. Randy and I had prepared our talks earlier Saturday and were ready to speak if they asked us to.

In church here, they have a time where members of the congregation can get up and sign or speak about whatever they have been learning. Well, we were supposed to end this time up. So, after a while, Randy gives me the nudge to get up and go speak.

I was nervous. (quite possibility an understatement)

I got up there, said pace (pache. it means peace. thats how members of the church greet each other) , and started into my talk.

There is one thing I forgot to do, and it is a pretty important part.

I forgot to introduce myself

I never told the congregation who I was or what I was doing in their church. In the states, that might not be such a big deal, but when some guy gets up and starts speaking English in a Romanian church, people want to know why he is there.

After I finished, I settled back into my seat and Randy walked up and introduced me for me. It was at that point that I realized what I had done and I just buried my head in my hands and laughed.

I forgot my name.

1 comment:

cathy hudler said...

aw, bless you. Kevin....it's Kevin. You silly head!