Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I have many funny stories to tell from today here in Romania, but they are going to have to wait. Today is a much more important day back in the States that I have missed for the last two years now.

Father's Day.

I could go on and on and on about how great of a Dad I have. Many of you know my dad in person and know that he is one the hardest working people around. My dad will do anything for anybody at seemingly anytime and I do not know how he does it.

He works night and day to provide for our family. He is tired almost all the time. But he does it because he loves his family more than anything in the world, including himself. My dad loves the Lord with all of his heart and has instilled within each one of us (Tim and Noelle) that same desire to have a growing relationship with our Heavenly Father.

As I think back to all the times I have had with my dad, I think about the times we have played catch in the yard or the times we have done the paper route together. I think about what an incredible example he has been for me.

Dad,
Thank you.  Thank you for all the times you have loved me when it wasn't easy. Thank you for teaching me that God is my Father. Thank you for all the late night paper route times. Thank you for you. I miss you, Dad. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kevin. Thank you for only putting those positive points about me on this blog.... I am honored to be your dad, it has been a great beginning of life for you, and you have made some wonderful decisions with regard to your friends, faith and priorities. I tell people I meet how neat is is that you, as a college student, would raise money to pay your way through the summer to WORK so that children can laugh, play, be shown love and hear the message of Christ. Not only do you do that in Romania, but you do the same thing in Boiling Springs. How could I not give my absolute best for you? Just think what God does for us everyday. Let's hear some of the funny stories and see some clown action. I love you Kevin. Dad