Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lion's pit.

I am reading a book together with Randy called In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day. The first chapter is about a passage of scripture in 2 Samuel 23:20-21. A man named Benaiah chased after a Lion.

How strange is that? If I were to see a lion face to face in the wild, I honestly would probably wet myself and run in terror. This man Benaiah however, had a desire to chase after the lion and seize it. Benaiah was not afraid. He knew that His God was watching over him.

I think too many times we, myself included, have the opportunity to see God move in a mighty way, but because we are afraid of what it requires we miss out. This book is going to be good I do believe. There is a question on the back that reads, "What if the life you really want, and the future God wants for you, is hiding right now in your biggest problem, your worst failure, your greatest fear?"

That was very uncomfortable to think about. So, I ask you all to think about it with me. What are your thoughts on that? Are you willing to chase a lion?

An update on camps and such, today went incredibly smooth. We were able to get all the reservations made until the first week of August so that was very nice. Now, we start getting all of the supplies for camp ready. Randy and I are leading games in the first so we need to come up with all of the games. We are also having to pack for Ukriane because a day and a half after this first camp ends, we fly to Ukraine for 8 days.

Randy, the whole Romanian team, and myself are very thankful for your daily prayers.

1 comment:

Katie Axelson said...

I just had to have smelling salts shoved up my nose when I fainted after reading that you read a book.

Once I returned to consciousness I really appreciated those thoughts about facing a lion.

Thanks,
<>< Katie