Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Traveling gets to me.

Anyone who has ever traveled a great distance knows that it messes with everything. It messes with your physical body and mental body. I have two instances to share with you all.

To start off, let me give a little background to this story. Some of you may know that one of my nicknames over here is Zippy. There were, on several occasions throughout last summer, that I forgot to zip up my pants. The first was in the first camp. One of the older women there had Randy inform me.

And then there was the time in the last camp playing Blitz (a card game) at 3am with the translators that I stood up to go get some food, and Anca screamed, "Kevin, your pants are unzipped!" So, laughing, I zipped them up. What a way to leave, right? Right!

Well then, what better way to come back! As I was flying from Chicago to London, I was sitting next to two old grumpy German people who did not know much English. I was on the isle seat, thank goodness. After the cabin went dark and people started to go to sleep, I closed my eyes and went to sleep as well. After about 45 minutes, I was awakened by the sudden urge to use the restroom, so quietly, I rose and went to the restroom, did my business and headed back to sleep. As we were landing in London, I took my blanket off, only to see that my fly was COMPLETELY open. Awesome.


Flying always backs me up for a couple of days and so this evening was the first time I have taken a poop since like the day before I left. Well, I found out very quickly that the plungers here are VERY short. The tube of toothpaste is there to show you just how small this plunger is.
Well I tried and tried and tried to get that toilet flushed and it did not work. So I went and brushed my teeth and all that other stuff, and finally about about a 15 minute struggle with the toilet and plunger, I got it to flush. 

Sorry for the absurdity and no real content of this post. I felt I should share it anyway though. We have many many things to get ready for including a team that is coming next week. So if you could all join in praying with us here for the camp and all the preparations like Hotel reservations, transportation reservations, and food reservations, we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

3 comments:

Katie Axelson said...

I am so glad I took the time to read about your problems. :-)
<>< Katie

Lindy said...

bahhaha!
kevin, I personally think that your lack of zipping says so much about your personality. You are just THAT eager to serve and get going that you simply forget to zip! :) you never knew you were such a servant!
love you bud
Lindy
PS- how was lex with your leaving?

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wow. That's a "get to know you" post if I ever heard one.

I'm mostly praying that you took the photo of the toothpaste and the plunger BEFORE you used either one. But then, that would mean you took that photo next to a toilet full of crap. And that makes me go "ick."

I'm also praying you washed your hands REALLY WELL after using that plunger.

Oh.my.word.