Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!

This is all for gk. We got a TON of snow last night. I don't really remember anything like it. The last time I remember getting snow of this magnitude I was about 5 and lived in Salem, Virginia. So when my friend reported at about 7:30pm that it was snowing, I immediately rused to the window expecting the typical North Carolina snow - about a half inch of tiny, little snow flakes barely coming down in a flurry. I was incredibly surprised. The biggest, whitest snow flakes I have ever seen were gracefully falling from the overcast sky. After jumping up and down and running around like a little kid for about an hour, still doubting it would stick, I went outside in about an inch of snow. It was AWESOME! It covered the grass! Then around 9 it really started coming down. There were about four hundred people out on the quad having a massive snow ball fight. Some people made snowmen, and some people decided to streak through the quad. The were the primary target for snowballs. After I got pegged in the face with a snowball around ten I decided to come back in and drink some hot chocolate. there was no sleeping last night until VERY late. Here are some pictures of what we got


This was after about an hour.. just before I was about to go to the quad.


My car. Elliot almost hit it last night because he couldn't see it.


The house out behind my dorm.


Some trees


Some more trees

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the snow... I had to be "that guy".... but I hate snow. I can't find one thing that I like about that mess. Let me tell you, I was in NYC while this was coming down, and it was worse there. Like 6 degree wind chill and miserable!! Then I come home... to find it's just as cold and just as nasty!

Only Servants Ministries said...

AWE!! I just had an awesome memory b/c of your pictures! One time I drove to Boone to see Joy for the weekend whilst we were in college. I woke up on Monday morning and my car looked just like in the picture! That's not the first time ol' tracy the tracer has been covered in snow! I dunno if you knew that- but she's a GIRL!