Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Walking and Talking is difficult

It is only 11am and it has been a long day already. Most of it is completely my fault though. It started when I decided that it would be a good idea to start a movie at midnight knowing that I had an eight o'clock class to go to! Brilliant idea right? Eagle Eye is a pretty decent movie - not the best, but definitely not the worst movie I have seen. Anyway, the movie ended around two and I got in bed. Naturally, even though I was yawning and tired as all, I could not go to sleep to save my life. Last time I checked the clock it was almost four.

If you remember my post about me not being a morning person, you know that I have a major difficulty getting up in the mornings. And if you dont remember that blog.. well then just know that I have a major problem getting up in the mornings. Well when I got in bed, I knew I was going to have to get up and so I set three alarms. One at 7:15, one at 7:17, and the other at 7:21. The snooze is five minutes so every time I hit the snooze after just one more minute it would go off again. I really was not happy with myself for doing that this morning but after hitting the snooze fifteen times, I begrudgingly got out of bed at 7:45. And once again my room mate had to be mr. shunshine. (he is not gay, I was just unhappy with him so I am making it appear that way.) So as I went to class, I realized that my midterm is on Thursday in that class. WOO! exciting start to the day.

It was followed by the lovely Dimensions. I am required to go to ten of these things per semester and they are basically the worst preachers Gardner-Webb could find that come to speak. This time it was a black southern gospel preacher who I could not understand to save my life. So while I was sitting there unable to listen to him I decided to text Paige (shes in my blog list thing). I had not talked to her in a while so I thought I would see how she was doing. Well after 45 minutes of utter boredom in dimensions it finally came to a close and I left, still texting Paige.

I am generally good at multi-tasking.. except for when I get very little sleep and have a rough morning. As I was walking through the cold, texting Paige, I forgot to look up. I walked right into a tree.

I don't really know how to recover from something like that when I am in a group of people who all saw it happen. So I just looked up, glanced around to see a TON of people laughing and went about my morning still texting Paige. But this time, instead of focusing on what I was saying, I decided to focus on every step, ensuring that I would not embarass myself again.

9 comments:

gk said...

AHAHAHAHA

You walked into a tree. That's really funny. At least you didn't walk into on coming traffic.



That wouldn't have been so funny.

cathy hudler said...

ditto GK's comment! kinda wish I had seen it honestly!

Matt Rollins said...

Dude if I had a candid video of this event.... I would be auctioning it off on ebay for $15 a copy! What I would have done to be a fly on the wall....er, tree!

Unknown said...

Bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhauahhs This is still absolutely hilarious to me. I thought about it I was getting mad today. It cracked me up. Thanks for making my day go better with your walking abilities.Love you darling!!!!!

Anonymous said...

the subject of the Dimensions class was "Walking while texting --- The obstacles to avoid"
Dad

I'm Just Sayin said...

Oh my goodness I sooo did something similar last year at the Baptist State Convention! I was talking to someone behind me while walking forward (not something I recommend) and ran right into a group of hispanic folks. I did this in front of about 50 of my peers and other folks I'd rather impress. I just gave my "victims" a huge hug and said, "I'm so glad we ran into each other!" Everyone was dying laughing (some doubled over) and the poor folks had no idea what I said or what I was doing. It was a hoot!

I'm Just Sayin said...

Okay, I have to tell you this.

I had just sent "send" on my comment when a new Brandon Heath song came on. I kid you not, he sang, "I can't walk without watching where I'm going."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Ricky Spears said...

In London they've started padding the lamp posts downtown because so many people are walking into them while texting. Thanks for sharing your story. That's funny!

Unknown said...

Dude....

... that's all I got to say. (tree-hugger)