Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crooked

This blog has nothing to do with prank week or anything intelligent... or anything of any importance. So if you would like to get back to what you were doing, you will probably stay smarter, and not waste however much time it would take you to read this post.

Anyway, I have been playing this game on AddictingGames.com called 50 states. The screen gives you a blank outline of the United States and at the top a random order of the states outlines. The object of the game is to put the state as close to its position as possible. If you miss it tell you approximately how many miles you were off. I have gotten an average of 1 mile before... nerd I know.

But when this game gives you a state to place, it gives you one at a time. And as I have played the game, the more I have really been bothered by the fact that the states, especially in the Northeast are extremely crooked. I know it is due to the who latitude thing. This is just an observation that has really bothered me for the last twenty minutes, so I am writing to see what other people think. I know the majority of people will think I am a lunatic... but that's ok - I still like you.

6 comments:

Matt Rollins said...

What exactly is it that they put in their roast beef over there at GWU?

The Beaver Bunch said...

D-O-R-K.

cathy hudler said...

I still love you in spite of this post!

Anonymous said...

Wyoming is SQUARE just like your recent activities

I'm Just Sayin said...

So I'm thinking that's a GREAT way to learn geography!

Yeah, I know...you don't have to say it.

Ricky Spears said...

Now you've got me thinking. Just curious, do you find that more traditionally RED states or more traditionally BLUE states are more CROOKED? :o)