Sunday, July 12, 2009

Charades


WOW! What a weekend! I had a great time traveling and getting to know the kids from Girish and Tote. I got to see many, many beautiful sights along the way. On Friday we left the apartment around 7:30am and headed to Girish to pick up the kids. We finally left Girsih around 10 and headed north to Rau de Mori. It took us about 6 hours to get there.

Along the way we stopped at the fort in Deva around noon to eat lunch and just get out of the car. Shortly getting back on the road, we stopped at a bison reserve, and went to see some bison. And before we made it to Rau de Mori, we stopped one more time at some ruins from the ancient Roman empire. It was very interesting, and a bit surreal to be there.

That night, we played five songs at their (not so) midweek service. Then it was off to bed. But, this is where the fun began for me. We were all divided up into small groups to stay with members of the church. I went with Flourin to a holiday home in between to huge mountains. Flourin, myself, and two other boys stayed there. I was the only one who spoke english.

I now know how to play charades! We attempted to play some type of board game involving numbers and 60 points and domino type pieces, but I still have no idea how to get points. We had a GREAT time laughing at each other and trying to understand what was going on.

Saturday, was a day of touring the area and having a semi restful day, along with some practice for Sunday. We went to a monastery and got to go inside and look around. I have never seen anything like it before. Next stop was the dam up in the mountains. I have never seen anything as beautiful as this place, despite the rain (see above). The cabin I stayed in was about 15 minutes away from the dam.

By Sunday, we were all exhausted, not from doing so much, but from traveling so much. we did our program on Sunday morning for Church ate and then left. We arrived back in Oradea late Sunday evening and went straight to bed. It was quite a new and exciting experience for me, especially with the language barrier but fun nonetheless.

2 comments:

cathy hudler said...

Hey Friend,
It sounds like things are going so well. I'm getting excited about coming. Not much longer!

Matt Rollins said...

Wow bro, gorgeous view... That is exactly how I remember Romania though. What a beautiful country. So it's time to learn Romanian huh? I think it's hilarious that you said, "I still don't know how to get points". That made me laugh, you probably thought you were winning.