Sunday, July 26, 2009

Camp in Buteni

What an incredible week I have had. I don't really even begin to know where to start this blog. So I guess the best place to start would be with Monday.

Monday was a day of hanging out and playing with the kids and getting to know them a little better. The teams all came up with their cheer and just before dinner each team got to have their moment to shine! The family group times consisted of name tags and bags and silly games to learn more about each other. This was followed by the evening worship time which was basically an overview of the week ahead of us.

Tuesday rolled around and we talked about Noah and faith throughout the entire day. For the second time this summer I have been in a room with boys who speak very little english. Thankfully though, translators were much easier to find. But we had a good time getting to know each other a little bit and talking even though we had no idea what we were saying. Charades is a popular game here. Rec was a blast. Four way soccer is a pretty easy way to wear the kids down a bit.

Hope and the story of Jonah was the focus for the worship and family group sessions on Wednesday. I sat in on rosu (red) for the first time and boy did that group have some rowdy boys. The leader, Mrs. Kristi, asked for some help in controlling them. So for the rest of the week I worked with them trying to keep them under control.

And Thursday was the big day. We talked about Peter and Love. The day was super fun with the hike and the family group times. At the evening worship, 14 children prayed to receive Christ into their lives and begin living a changed life. God never ceases to amaze me. He works through us in so many ways that we do not even see.

And to finish the week off with a bang, we talked about what to do after we have accepted Christ. We talked about investing in other peoples lives just as Jesus invested in our lives. And the then the fun began, water day! We had about 700 water balloons and were able to get through three water relays in before the chaos began. Once the water balloons were all gone, there was some standing water and so we had some slip and slide fun!

So that was the week. It was incredibly busy but TONS of fun. And now it is time to get ready for Rich Fork to come and I am pretty excited to see some familiar faces from home. I will keep you all posted as interesting and fun things happen!

3 comments:

David H. said...

I agree. Email me at Davidh1015@cs.com so we can work out stuff about your stuff for the dorm and stuff and talk a little. =]

Unknown said...

Just like M-fuge, huh? I know you are having an awesome time. I just wish I could be back stateside to hear all your stories. Please don't forget them. I want to hear about so many things. I want to know what frustrates you the most, where were you surprised to see God working (where you might originally have not expected to find him), and what single moment impacted you the most?

These are my pressing questions for you sir.

Matt Rollins said...

Very cool Kev!! I am sending your favoritest beverages with the RFBC group, with maybe another thing or two depending on what can fit. Look forward to hearing your stories bro!