Monday, April 6, 2009

I take things too seriously

So I am currently working on a post thats all serious and stuff but right now I have something a little more painful.


We all know that I love baseball. If I cant watch a game on tv I will sit at my computer and gamecast it or something. Anything to watch the game. We also know that I can get quite competitive. And for most, we know that I am an intramural referee. Well this spring I decided to join an intramural softball team. Intramural sports are not serious at all.. at least softball isnt. No one dives or slides or anything fun. Except me.


I got to play in my first game today and my team isnt good but I had a TON of fun and got a rally started in the bottom of the third. I led off with a sharp single up the middle. Craig, a guy who lives just down the hall from me, came up to bat and hit a short fly to right that dropped in. I had to wait half way to make sure it wasnt caught. It dropped and I hustled and slid safely into second only for the ball to be over thrown and me advance to third with ease. We ended up scoring six that inning. But still ended up losing by one.





This is the result of my slide. My pants tore that far down and that far over. Then I cut the rest off because it kept flapping back and getting stuck. The chief of University Police was there and brought me some rubbing alcohol and wipes to clean it out. I about cried... except not. Thats my fun story for the day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww!!! You're abrave little soldier... except the fact you're not a soldier. Unlike your manly wound. It makes me proud to know you. Except in the brother way... Not the way middle school boys assume. The end. Love you brother!!!

Unknown said...

*That was supposed to say I like. Not unlike. My bad...

Cody Hudler said...

hope you feel better. DONT DIVE again!!!

Matt Rollins said...

MAN UP... first a story about hiding under covers from bad guys, now skint knees. I tell ya....

I'm Just Sayin said...

If I don't end up on your blog roll, I'm gonna hurt your other knee too!