Sunday, February 1, 2009

Focused on Unity

I went on a FOCUS trip to Thomasville and it hardly seemed as if I was in my hometown. I spent all of Friday night and Saturday in Calvary United Church of Christ. There were about 20 students that showed for this twenty-four hour lock in. Man, those students were WIRED. We had a GREAT time playing games and rock band and eating... and for them, not sleeping.. I did not enjoy that one so much.

The weekend was focused (get the pun?) on unity. Which is a difficult subject to talk about, but nonetheless, I think the students were able to get a lot out of it. There was one student in particular who I connected with the most, Winfield (because some may know him, and I dont know if he wants his name on the internet, this is what I called him). We talked about everything. We were partners in sardines and were definitely the best at that game. He is a mature, excited, and curious student.

I am excited to meet more students like Winfield on more FOCUS trips that are to come. Oh, and my FOCUS group is INCREDIBLE! I consider them some of my closest friends and I am incredibly blessed to know them and have the privelage of calling them my friends. For those on my team that read this, Thank you!

1 comment:

tara said...

I'm so glad you got to spend time with winfield. i thought he was GREAT. i can't explain it but i just felt good about him and that he genuinely wanted a real relationship with Christ. wonder if he's on facebook... we need to keep up with that kid.
SO glad your on my team :]