Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Camp in Dezna

What an amazing last ten days. It was very nice to see people from home, however I did find myself quite distracted. I became very homesick after the first couple days and did not feel as if I was as effective as I could have been. Anyway, the camp was GREAT! Even though we were interrupted by rain on almost a daily basis, we were able to make things work.

This camp was not about seeing how many people would come to know the Lord as their personal Savior, but rather about teaching them to teach. The oldest group taught at each worship session and it was incredible to see how the lives of these children have changed since last year.

The kids in this camp have a very special place in my heart because they are the ones who I first got to love and get to know. If you would like to know more about this camp, I would encourage you to talk to someone on the team from Rich Fork, they will be able to give you an update relatively quickly. If you want to know more from my perspective, please email me or leave a comment on here. I have so much to talk about but not nearly enough time to express everything on this blog.

We are preparing for the last camp and the closer it gets, the harder I find it for myself to prepare mentally. We have the hospice camp next and we will be working with very sick children. After working with the ladies there at hospice for the last two months I have heard some pretty incredible stories and know that I will be an emotional wreck having to leave them next Saturday. As for now though, we need to go get the van fixed. I will do my best to update again before I leave for camp.

1 comment:

David H. said...

Kevin!!! Wow I'll be praying for you man. I start orientation Friday. I'm FREAKED OUT. Think my dad can crash on your bed during orientation? (Not as much asking for permission, more of asking if it's in the rules, cause if he can do it, tough noogies. =] Any suggestions on what I should do? Do you have any used textbooks? They are about to break me. When you get in we will work on finding/starting actions like the ones you are doing there and I did in Africa. Count on it.