Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My favorite topic.... FOOD

So before I left, I had Grace teach me a little bit about cooking since it would just be Randy and myself for the majority of the summer. Well I can assure all of you that I have eaten well.. in fact I may have put on a few pounds. However, I have not posted anything about either of my two counterparts this summer. So, I am blowing our cover and giving you a glimpse of what it is like to be a missionary for two months with Ernest and Baby.

Ernest's cooking has been great... if you like grilled cheese with ham 20 meals a week. (I cannot say much because that is all I can cook.) We eat cereal and eggs for breakfast a sandwich for lunch and then figure something out for dinner. Since I am not a picky eater by any means, I just eat whatever comes my way. My saying for the summer is "sure, why not" when someone asks if I would like more food. I may need to stop that. Anyway, tonight was GREAT! Ernest made chicken wings with french fries and coleslaw with some sweet tea. It made my stomach very, very happy.

Now I would like to introduce you to my second doppelganger:




As you can see, she has a rough life. Just laying around and sleeping man life must be rough! This is the one and only Baby! Always sleeping and taking naps. But in all seriousness she does a great job at attempting to keep Ernest and I in line and on task. She is fantastic at keeping us informed since we are not exactly fluent in Romanian.

So these are the two counterparts that I have been working with for the last two months and they have really helped me out with everything. So in my weird way of saying thank you, thank you. But for me readers, if you ever see them out and about they would love it if you called them out by Ernest or Baby!

1 comment:

cathy hudler said...

I wish I would have known to call her Baby before! Ha!
Miss you! It was so great to be around you. Looking forward to you being back in the states. Tell Ade that I will keep my promise to send her some scrapbook stuff. Tell Randy I said "Hi Randy!". And you have to say it like that! Love ya