Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Delays, Delays, delays

I am currently sitting in Charlotte at gate A9. Apparently Chicago is having some terrible thunderstorms which is causing numerous delays. My flight was supposed to leave originally at 6:50. It is currently 7:22 and I still have not boarded.

This is a blessing in disguise to me. I get to think through all of my feelings and emotions. While I have an incredible amount of questions about what the next two months hold for me and the students in Romania and Ukraine, I am filled with a peace that I have never had before. I am finally here and there is nothing left for me to do but get on the planes. I now have time to sit back and not worry about forgetting anything and let God begin to prepare my heart, mind, and soul in a way that was not possible during the summer.

My fears of flying are somewhat subdued, although I am not terribly excited about flying through storms that have cause delays of up to 3 hours. I am desperate to get out of here and let God take control. I have planned as much as I possibly can and now it's Gods turn to shine through.

No comments: