Thursday, October 16, 2008

Too Many Questions.

So I think everyone has experienced the person in class who asks too many questions. This morning in Old Testament we were discussing Isaiah 9:6-7 and how it referred to the Christmas story and how it reminded us of Handel Messiah and the Hallelujah Chorus.

Naturally, there were people in the class who had not heard of Handel Messiah and the Hallelujah Chorus so they began asking questions. Understandable right? Aparently not. After we had already established that these three things went together, someone in our class said, “Wait, the Hallelujah Chorus and Handel Messiah are related to Christmas?” My teacher looked at this person somewhat dumbfounded that she still hadn’t grasped the concept and said plainly, “yes.”

It was then that my smart self thought to myself that I should ask that question once more… I failed to do so. However, I would like to inform EVERYONE that the Hallelujah Chorus by Handel Messiah, the Christmas story, and the oracle in Isaiah 9 ARE in fact related. Enjoy the youtube video of Handel Messiah’s Hallelujah Chorus.

1 comment:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wait, those are Christmas songs?