Friday, October 17, 2008

Have you had your Beavers?

So today has been GREAT overall. I went to class and then came home to pick up some stuff I forgot over spring break. While I was up here Some friends invited me to play some disc golf and hang out afterwards. On my way home, I noticed that my battery light had come on. I didnt really think anything of it because I was to excited to see my family again. That came back to bite me in the butt.

I left my friends house around 9 after a great day and I got about 5 minutes towards the house to say bye, when my car shut off. Nothing worked. My head lights went out. All the lights inside went out. ALl the gauges stopped working. I was able to drift into the Dominos parking lot and then I went off. I lost my cool. And that’s putting it nicely. I was extremely frustrated to miss a VERY busy day of class tomorrow. I called around and got a hold of my mom. She came and picked me up and I was not a very happy person to be around at this point.

I got home and deicded to take some time to be by myself and cool down. I went outside and smoked a cigar, and while I was out there I thought of a text message that was sent to me that reminded me of how much I have. I am truely blessed. I have a family that loves me. I have a ton of friends. I have people to talk to. I have three meals a day. I have a roof over my head. I have a car that can be be fixed.

As I was sitting out there staring at the clouds moving in front of the full moon, I was completely broken down because I have a surplus. I have a surplus of everything that is needed to live. God blesses us all with more than we need even when it seems that there is nothing positive about the situations we encounter.

God provides. That means something more to me now. He not only provides the resources to live, but also some of the wants we have. Why is it so easy to become complacent with the “stuff”, the wants we have? Why is it so hard to become complacent when we live day to day. Pay check to pay check. Meal to meal. When we have nothing but the necessities. Lack of faith. Simply put. We all encounter it. We doubt that God will come through for us, but yet, time after time after time He comes through.

Tonight I was at home. I had people that would come get me. I had a family to talk to. I still have food. I still have a place to sleep. God provides. Simply put.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fsjklhbaljblafjalskfbjlfcnlsjabnahfkjsfkhlksjlbakfh a


salkfjalk