Monday, October 5, 2009

Listen

I am a little nervous about posting this blog. Why? Because it is not Saturday, October 10th yet. I wrote a blog saying that my goal was to turn my phone off for one week and check my email regularly in case of emergencies. I said that I did not want any distractions for the week. I said that I wanted to further my relationship with God and those around me. That was my goal.

What I seemed to forget about was that the things I stopped using can be used for good things. This weekend, without my phone and computer and television has been amazing! I have been able to grow much closer with two guys in particular, which is what I have desperately been looking for.

I have also had time to grow and listen to what God has in store for me. For more information, contact me personally, by cell phone, or email. I have been focused on the goal of one week but now that I have had this time to look and listen without distractions, I see a need for action. I need to further my relationship with these guys and to do that efficiently my cell phone, computer, and tv will be back on.

These things can be used for good things in moderation, sometimes we just need time away to sit back and listen.

1 comment:

Katie Axelson said...

Kevin,
I love your comment about moderation because that's what it really is more than completely eliminating it but rather learning moderation.
<>< Katie
PS: I also know infinitely more than I ever wanted to learn about you and your bonding time with those two guys this weekend. :-)