Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nacho Cheese

I am really tired of studying for my New Testament test tomorrow so I am going to tell a story. My glasses have had problems lately, take note of the duck tape.
About two months ago that screw that holds the lens in came loose and my lens fell out. It was no big deal so I just screwed it back in. However, it progressively started happening more often and I got tired of screwing that stupid little screw in with my glasses off. Just a bit of a side note, it is REALLY difficult to see that stupid little screw with out my glasses on, it really complicates the problem. Anyway I decided I would resolve the problem by taping them together. And it worked... until last night.

Last night there was a basketball game. So naturally I went. I had not eaten yet so I picked up some nachos once I got to the Arena. There were a few big plays in the first half in which I got really excited and on those plays, my lens fell out. It was getting quite aggravating but I did not have the necessary tools to fix it. So I got over it. At half time I finished my nachos and set them on the floor next to me. No one was sitting on that side of me so there was plenty of room. The second half started up and with about ten minutes left in the half there was a fight. Now by this time my lens had fallen out at least ten times and I was getting really ticked off at my glasses. But when this fight happened I really let Mr. Breeze, from Coastal Carolina, who was ejected for his behavior, have it I was screaming at him using his name in my chants wishing him luck from the locker room.

Well, it was at that point that my lens fell out once again. I noticed it immediately and saw it falling towards the ground. I hastily reached for it as it bounced off the ground and, despite all my efforts to save my lens, it landed directly in the nacho cheese left over.

Now I am half blind with a cheesy lens. So I go to the bathroom and wash it off and miss part of the game. I quickly get over it and enjoy the rest of the game in which we won by twenty-two.

So I think it is time for some new glasses! If anyone wants to suggest a style of frame please do. I would love to see how ridiculous some of you would make my glasses.

5 comments:

gk said...

I want to go with you when you get new glasses!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Elivs style...ALL THE WAY.

You're welcome, you're welcome very much.

Anonymous said...

u cant see the duck tape in the pic.

I'm Just Sayin said...

So, until you get new glasses, borrow some clear nail polish from a girl. If you put the polish on the top and botton of the screw (once it's holding the lens in place) and then let it dry, it'll hold for a while.

David H. said...

I think you get an elastic band put on the ends =]
and get the kind that look like little tiny things you put on your nose =] you'll look rich and important