Wednesday, September 17, 2008

just an update

So it has been a while since I have been able to make a post. Life around Gardner-Webb is going quite well. I have been VERY busy between studying, working, class, and having some what of a social life. I have been introduced to a new and very fun game called ladder golf. Ladder golf consists of a PVC ladder about 3 feet tall with a base about 3 feet long. The object of the game is to throw two rubber balls joined by a string and get them to wrap around one of the three rungs on the ladder. It has been a TON of fun to play with some of my hall mates.

My FOCUS group is quite awesome. I love hanging out with them. They are not quite family yet but I am sure it will eventually turn out that way. Along with my FOCUS group, I have joined a group of about 10 guys that meet every Monday night for a small group. These guys are all from my hall and it seems pretty open which I like a lot. We have had a bunch of good discussion lately and I love the fact that I have a couple of guys that I can open up to.

I started my work study last week which has to be the best job I have ever had, at least so far. I am an intramural referee. So far it has just been volleyball which is SUPER easy, but next week I start with flag football. I will also be doing basketball and softball in the spring along with soccer I believe. So I am pretty excited about that.

School has been going well. I had my first essay due on Monday which I am pretty excited about getting back. After my professor read my rough draft, she offered me an application to attend a writing workshop by Thomas Payne. I will have to apply to get one of the spots but it would be pretty neat to go meet and learn from an internationally renown writer.

This weekend I am heading up to Chapel Hill to see Grace and Jenny and hang out with them for the weekend which I am super excited about. I am going to the Virginia Tech v. UNC game on Saturday which makes me really happy. Other than that I am just hanging out doing really well.

6 comments:

gk said...

HOORAY FOR VISITING ME!!

AND HOORAY FOR THE FUN PROTECTIVE PEOPLE WHO ARE CONVERNED ABOUT IT!!

They make me happy. And so do you!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Hahaha! You are soooo funny GK.

You know it's b/c I love you. I don't harass people I don't love...okay, maybe I do...but that's different.

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

Kevin- I am so glad things are going so well for you. I would love if 15 years after graduating from college that you still want to see your favorite friends from GW. I know that seeing my girls from Mars Hill is one of the highlights of my year. Did I just say 15 years...oh, I don't want to think about that very much!!! Love- emily b

Matt Rollins said...

Nice dude, yeah I was introduced to ladder ball in February. Like an idiot, I went to visit my best friend in NY (yes, in February) and he taught me how to play. It's a Northern game, so I wasn't that good at it... but it was fun. Glad to hear from ya bro, don't slack off too much on the posts... but most of all, don't slack off on the studies ya hear!?

Matt Rollins said...

Glad all is well! Levi sends his love :-) !!!!

Matt Rollins said...

okay, that last comment was from beth...