Thursday, January 28, 2010

Scared?

I am scared. Normally, things do not scare me. I am not a very skittish person. Things just do not scare me anymore. The other day, I watched the Exorcism of Emily Rose (I know it is not the BEST thing for me to do). There was one part that brought me to tears.

In order for the priest to perform the exorcism, he must know the name of the demon possessing the person. This demon began counting to six over and over. After more prompting, the demon named its six names, the last of which was Lucifer.

I am a visual person, and seeing this on a screen scared me like nothing else has ever scared me before.

Another thing that does not necessarily scare me, but more challenge me is this thought that less people will be in Heaven than I think. Over the past month or so, God has really challenged me to live my BEST for what He wants.

But, where do I get my guidelines? Simple. The Bible. The Bible is absolute truth and without it, we have no guidance. So, as I have been studying and learning, things have began to change in my life. Most movies do not really interest me. Most music does not really interest me. I am beginning to realize the comfort that God gives us on a daily basis.
I am beginning to see that living my best for Him is the ONLY way.

"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." says Matthew 7:14.

The more I am challenged by this verse to live the narrow way, and refine how I live to what the Bible says, the more challenged I get.

We had Celebration Week this week. It's basically a week long Celebration of what God is doing here on campus. Tonight was the culmination of Celebration Week, with an awesome service. However, I left more scared than I did excited.

The optimist in me said, "this is AWESOME!" However, the thinker in me said, "now what?"

People are excited at a worship service where people are singing songs and getting in touch with their emotions.

God is not an emotion that comes and goes as He pleases. He is present with us always.

As people sang the last two songs louder than they ever have before, I sat back down in my seat wondering if people are going to do their absolute 100% best to allow themselves to be refined by the Holy Spirit so that we can walk in complete harmony with God.

Now what?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am mailing something to you this week. Also, I am signing you up for something. You'll see...

NatureGrl said...

wow...really caught my mind with this...