Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Sad Day in History

Sellout. Generally we think of big stadiums and large crowds of people, but I am talking about the New York Yankees.

I am realizing just how much I hate the Yankees. As I watched the grounder to Robinson Cano with two outs in the 9th, my heart sank. I was crushed. Derek Jeter is fine. The rest are sellouts. I hate the Yankees because of what they stand for.

They win because they have more money than everyone else. take a look at the payrolls. The Yankees in 2009, as the country is entering a recession signs three players combining for a total of $420+ million. Take the Florida Marlins for example. They finished second in their division behind Philadelphia with a TEAM payroll of $36.8 million. Oh, and did I mention the $1 billion new stadium that Steinbrenner conned the people into paying for?

Anyone heard of the 1919 Black Sox scandal when the White Sox threw the Series for money. This is the exact opposite. Baseball is America's past time, and when teams are literally able to buy their way to a World Series Championship, it is sickening.

I want to mention the three largest sellouts in the history of baseball right now, CC Sabathia (SP NYY), AJ Burnett (SP NYY), and my least favorite of all Mark Teixeira (1B NYY). Oh, along with A-Roid.

Feel free to send nasty comments, hate mail, whatever you would like. I am just saying that they New York Yankees are sell outs. The only reason they win is because they have the most money.

2 comments:

gk said...

Having money doesn't give you talent.

Special K said...

no. But, having money allows the yankees to buy the best talent and not giving other teams a shot.