Sunday, November 2, 2008

Undeservedly Blessed

Well, after a very peaceful, enjoyable, fun weekend back in Thomasville, I did a lot of thinking while I was there. I got to spend time with the people that have made the most influence in my life and I just want to point these people out. I want to say just how much they mean to me, and how thankful I am for them.

Dad: As I was sitting on Matt Rollins porch talking with some of the guys about father figures and how a lot of them failed to instill important virtues in them, I sat there thinking, "my Dad has done all of that." Dad, there has not been a time that you have given me the wrong advice. EVERYTIME I listen to what you say, things work out. Dad you have taught me how I am supposed to treat women; you have asked all of the hard questions; you ALWAYS challenge me to be better; you have done everything I could possibly ask for from a father. You get up at 1:30 every morning, do a paper route, and then go to another full time job just to give us what we need. When I come home, you make time to catch up with me. I have no idea how you do and handle all you do, and I cannot thank you enough for it. Dad, you are my hero and I can only hope to be the incredible christian example to my children that you have been for me.

Mom: You ALWAYS pick on me. You always find something to joke about, but through it all, I know that if I have a need you will find a way to make it work. I know that when I come home, you will be there if I need to talk. All the times you make dinner and dont get thanked, or all the work you do around the house, trying at all cost to keep it clean, despite having 2 teenagers living there at all times. You have the most difficult job of all, and do not get thanked for it. I love you Mom and thank you for all that you do, it IS appreciated more than you know.

Noelle: you are CURVY... HAHAHAHA but seriously little sis, I cannot tell you how excited I get when I see a text message from you, or an aim thingy. You ALWAYS know how to brighten my day and you are such an AWESOME little sister. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to seeing you when I get home! I love you sis and know that I am a phone call away if you ever need me.

Tim: Bro, you are crazy, but I love you anyway. Despite our differences, we somehow manage to get along, for the most part, and I always enjoy getting out and playing frisbee, football, or whatever with you. I think our best conversations have come while being dumb and goofing off. Bro I love you and as I said for Noelle, you are an AWESOME little brother. I hope you know that I love you like crazy and as for Noelle, I am a phone call away if you ever need to talk.

Grace: I dont really even know where to start. You have been there for me since I moved to Thomasville, literally a life saver. From all of the disc golf times, to coffee shop times, to dramatic camp times, to serious talks in Matt's office, I have more memories that involve you than any other person outside my family. I am completely comfortable around you and there are not many people I am completely comfortable with. You are always there to screw my head back on straight, which happens quite often. All I can do is thank you for the amazing friend you have been to me. (You have more in the mail).

Matt Bryant: Nashville 2005, that is all I have to say. Since then, you have been one of my closest friends, and one of the few that holds me accountable. Thanks bro.

Matt Rollins: For 3 years I was privelaged enough to have you as a leader, mentor, and friend. The late night chats while smoking a cigar are my personal favorites. I absolutely love those times I get to learn from you.

Chris Thompson: I have no idea where to begin. You challenge me to be the absolute best I can be. You give me resources to find the information I need. I remember the last conversation I had with you before you left, I had a Savinelli, sitting on your porch with pizza. We talked about everything imaginable from your new life to personal struggles to sports, to comedians. Bro, I cannot thank you enough for the mentor you have been to me.

There are so many more people that have had a major influence on my life and I cannot thank you all enough. I seriously do not know where I would be if it were not for the amazing friends and mentors that have invested their time and energy into me. I am so incredibly blessed to call these people my friends AND family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is touching!!!

***Read mine again...

Only Servants Ministries said...

It's al our joy. You are one of my best friends and I couldn't be prouder to be your friend. I am thrilled every time I get the chance to tell someone, "Kevin is one of my closest friends."

Your future is so bright and I am enjoying watching you get closer with each step. Even the painful ones!

Bound to you bro!

~CT

Matt Rollins said...

I can't tell you how honored I am to be on your list. You'll never understand as well as I do how perfectly God placed each student in that class into our lives, including yourself. I remember hearing you give your testimony for the first time, about how you were raised in a Christian home. I remember thinking how amazing your parents are, and how much I respect them much like my own. It is a true blessing to know you Kevin, and I'm so excited to see what God decides to do with you. Thanks for telling everybody that your sunday school teacher smokes cigars with you, real cool ;)

Anonymous said...

I had this really awesome reply written and tried to post it and poof .... gone into the electronic land of lost messages ...

I am humbled by your comments, HONORED to be entrusted by God to be your parent, THRILLED to see the man of GOD you are becoming, EXCITED to see where HE leads you, Looking forward to learn another lesson from you since you have taught me much.

I took you to church, you pulled on my pants leg to stay for Sunday School. Between us God worked His plan so we can see the RICH life we have in Him.

You are a wonderful young man, and I love you beyond words I can think of!

And thank you for honoring and thanking the people who have also invested their lives in you.

Stay strong in the Lord and don't waste time wandering (I wasted too many years on this road) God needs strong male leaders here on earth.

Dad.